HPL is a health program of MAPS(Multi Aid Programs NGO), which provides services to the refugees and vulnerable people in Lebanon.
- Five and a half year had passed for the Syrian crisis which turned most of the Syrian population into refugee, emigrant, martyr or wounded in addition to the great impairment in the humanitarian and medical situation in Syria and asylum countries.
- The medical situation for the Syrian refugee in Lebanon consider as the worst due to the difficulties of getting medical services because of the high costs in addition to the funding reduce from the International organizations , taking into consideration that the medical costs in Lebanon consider as a burden even to the Lebanese people.
- Not only the sick refugee but also the doctors how are refugees face difficulties especially when they stand helpless seeing their countrymen suffer from their bad medical situation while they can’t do anything because of the rules in Lebanon . All of this led many refugees including doctors to take the way of illegal immigration to Europe seeking a better life conditions.
- Still some of the Medical Staff preferred to stay with their refugees countrymen and they challenged the forced situation and they started to work with a little resources and they established clinics and centers which provide free high quality medical services for Syrian refugees and the Lebanese patients as well.
- This group of Syrian Medical Staff are the nucleus of the Health Program in Lebanon .
- Three years and a half since the launching of the Health Program in Lebanon.
In the Primary Health Care
We are working on:
- Ghiras Al-Khair polyclinic.
- Ghiras Al-khair specialist polyclinic.
- Mobile medical unit .
- A project for breast diseases
- Diabetic project in Lebanon.
- The available specialties are: ( Internal medicine- Pediatrician- Obstetrics and Gynecology – Dentist -Orthopedic – General Surgery – ENT- Nephrology- Urology – Dermatology- Ophthalmology – emergency clinic- Echocardiography- Echography with Doppler – X Ray – Mammography – Breast disease clinic- Laboratory- Pharmacy ).
- In the primary health care facilities we serve 10000 patient per month.
In the Secondary Health Care
We are working on:
- Patient and wounded hospitalization Fund.
- Insurance of Dialysis sessions.
- Post operation center for Syrian wounded.
At the Tertiary Health care
- An advanced physiotherapy center had been launched, and Mobile Physiotherapy Unit.
- We do 950 physiotherapy session per month.
Missions & Campaigns
- We facilitated many medical missions from all the world.
- We participated in many medical campaigns in refugees camps to raise the medical awareness and to do medical screening .
- We are interested in providing training for our staff in cooperation with many international and local organizations and universities: ( AUB – SAMS – IDF – ICRC ) .
- In addition we receive in-kind donation as Containers of consumables, medical equipment and medications then we classify, repacking and provide it to medical centers in Lebanon upon their needs.